Tuesday 13 December 2011

Coconut milk panna cotta

Panna cotta seems to be very fashionable at the moment and I'd like to be able to come up with a version that I can eat myself - meaning no gelatine - and a version that will appeal to the dairy-avoiding Hindi members of my family. 

i was pretty excited to find both variations online, but actual recipes rather than anecdotal reports of their success seemed elusive. The only thing to do was give them a try myself. 

Add report here


The other fun thing about panna cotta is it's the perfect foil for caramel. Watching the early rounds of Masterchef: The Professionals made me want to give sugar-only caramel making a go - and to try out the swirls and cages that can be created with just a pan of sugar as a starting point. 

Expect some caramel-inspired comedic disaster tales some day soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment